In the Aftenposten (News From Norway, in English), moose terror is a popular subject. See:
- Moose rings twice: It was too early to be the postman, and a family in Buvikåsen found instead that their unexpected visitor was from the animal kingdom.
- Moose attacks laundry rack: There’s either a love- or hate-relationship going on between local moose and outdoor laundry racks in Norway.
- Moose breaks into grocery store:
Arne Halberg thought his store was being robbed when its security alarm started howling early Thursday. The prowler turned out to be a moose, who apparently was hungry or confused, or both.
Flying moose lands on car’s roof
: A leisurely Sunday drive came to an abrupt halt for a couple in southern Norway over the weekend, when a fully grown moose suddenly landed on the roof of their car.
- ‘Dead’ moose attacked hunter:
A hunter’s worst nightmare came true for 68-year-old Arne Aurdal after shooting a moose in the forest in Gausdal. Aurdal is considering giving up the sport after being beaten black and blue by the mortally wounded animal, though he survived thanks to a bit of quick thinking.
- Drunken moose alert in southern Norway
: Experts are not sure how it will affect moose behavior, but if you meet Norway’s ‘King of the Forest’ in the southern part of the country, he could be intoxicated – and potentially dangerous.
This makes me grateful I live here in silicon valley, where the only enormous angry drunken mammals I might run into are venture capitalists.