It turns out that everything I did yesterday made no difference at all, and my hacker came back in overnight and rewrote my files all over again.
So today I blew away all the files on my web host including the WordPress install and the database and started all over again. While I was doing that I took the opportunity to update the theme software (I use thesis), and since I was there scrabbling around with CSS and PHP I made some design changes I had been wanting to do anyhow.
I have another technical post I want to make because I figured out how the hacker got in and exactly what he or she was doing, and there’s still a bunch of stuff missing from the site, but right now I am tired and hungry and I’d like to be done for today.
I apologize if you were desperate to read my long-winded pointless ramblings while I had the site offline.